Post of Programme Officer II (Social Media Coordinator)
April 18, 2012
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Programme Officer II (Social Media Coordinator) in the Institutional Advancement Division of The University of the West Indies in Kingston, Jamaica.
The purpose of this position is to manage and develop the University’s alumni database. The appointee will be expected to co-ordinate social media activities in a multi-campus environment.
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Responsibilities of the appointee will include:
- Managing and planning strategies of growth for the UWI Alumni/Friends Raiser’s Edge database;
- Developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives;
- Creating content and monitor discussions on various social networking sites.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Marketing or related field
Candidate should possess the following:
- strong IT skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Face Book, You tube, Twitter, Linked in, FourSquare, Flickr, etc.
- Experience with blogging/internet writing
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
Detailed applications giving full particulars of qualifications and experience, biodata; and ii) the names, titles, mailing and e-mail addresses, fax and telephone numbers of three (3) referees should be sent as soon as possible to the: UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR, OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATION, THE VICE CHANCELLERY, THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES, MONA, KINGSTON 7, JAMAICA, W.I. E-mail: (email@example.com) or Fax: (876) 977-1422.
Further Particulars of the post including full details of the remuneration package may be obtained from the Office of Administration by contacting us on – Fax: (876) 977-1422; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for receipt of applications – May 11, 2012.