ADVISOR, HUMAN RESOURCES for HEALTH, CHART
June 06, 2012
The Caribbean HIV/AIDS Regional Training (CHART) Network was established in 2003 for the purpose of contributing to systematic capacity development among institutional and community-based health care workers involved in prevention of HIV and AIDS and in care, treatment and support of persons living with HIV and AIDS. To date, the Network consists of six national training centres and a regional coordinating unit (RCU). The RCU is situated in Jamaica and operates under the aegis of the Vice-Chancellery of the University of the West Indies (UWI). The training centres are located in the Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, and two in Haiti. The OECS HIV/AIDS Project Unit also belongs to the Network.
The CHART Regional Coordinating Unit at UWI invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
Advisor, Human Resources for Health
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director of the RCU, the successful candidate will be required to work with the resident team to:
- Identify best practices in workforce performance systems that improve productivity and retention of health staff. Ensure these practices are documented and available to policy makers and practitioners. Provide guidance on the integration of best practices in workforce management into national HR management system.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of various human resource health initiatives and interventions
- Advocate among governments and stakeholders as to the importance of HRH in creating sustainable, large scale responses to the crisis in Human Resources for Health.
- Lead and develop strategies which enable national health systems to strengthen their response to priority health issues by professionalizing HRH and improving Human Resource Management and Leadership.
- Lead and direct a comprehensive strategy for country-level Human Resources for Health (HRH) capacity building
- Lead and develop strategies to build MOH capacity in HRH.
- Provide technical assistance in formulating, implementing and reviewing HRM policies and standard operating procedures on recruitment, deployment and other HR areas.
- Provide organizational leadership in HRH, including professionalizing HRH at the country level, in support of government and donor strategies.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline with 5 or more years of experience as a Senior HR Practitioner OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in developing countries, with demonstrated success in achieving Human Resources for Health programme delivery.
- Recognized expertise and technical achievement in HRH and leadership development.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated success leading complex, evolving, large-scale operations, tasks, and teams and working with multiple sectors and stakeholders and achieving programmatic results.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of working in developing countries, preferably in the Caribbean.
Detailed applications giving i) full particulars of qualifications and experience, bio data; and ii) the names, titles, mailing and e-mail addresses, fax and telephone numbers of three (3) referees should be sent as soon as possible to the: UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR, OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATION, THE VICE CHANCELLERY, UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES, REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS, KINGSTON 7, JAMAICA, W.I. E-mail: (email@example.com) or Fax: (876) 977-1422.
Further Particulars of the post including full details of the remuneration package may be obtained from the Office of Administration by contacting us on – Fax: (876) 977-1422; or E-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Further Particulars may also be obtained by clicking here.
Closing date for receipt of applications - July 06, 2012