In order to be admitted to the four-year degree programme, candidates must satisfy The University of the West Indies' requirements for full matriculation into the Faculty of Science and Technology. The requirements state that candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) CSEC (CXC) General Proficiency (Grades I-III) or GCE O-Level subjects. This must include English Language and Mathematics along with two (2) approved laboratory science subjects and one (1) other subject. It is also mandatory that candidates:
- Have obtained passes in four Units at Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE), at least two Units in one subject, all at Grade V or better (or equivalent qualification). One of the CAPE subjects must be an approved Mathematics subject and the other an approved Science subject; or
- Have an approved Associate Degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, (or equivalent qualification) from a tertiary level institution. (N.B. Candidates must also satisfy any UWICIIT specific requirements); or
- Have the international student matriculation equivalent.
International Student Matriculation
International Students should have:
- the international student matriculation equivalent to CAPE A level passes, such as College Advanced Placement science subjects, with scores between 3 and 5.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme science subjects, with points between 4 and 7.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test: Reasoning plus two science subject tests, with scores from 600 to 900.
The language of instruction is English. Non-native speakers of English should obtain a TOEFL score of 500 or better and may be required to take an English Proficiency Test, set on behalf of The University of the West Indies' Board for Undergraduate Studies, in order to satisfy the Board of their suitability to undertake the courses leading to the BSc Software Engineering degree.