The University of the West Indies continues to undertake cutting-edge research, developing academic-industry partnerships for business and innovation, and offering consultancy services to the private and public sector in areas key to sustainable development in the Caribbean.
The UWI is committed to:
- offering research-led solutions to the region's problems
- supporting the immense creativity of Caribbean people and linking creativity to income-generation
- developing innovations that make new use of local resources
- encouraging entrepreneurship and business development among our students and faculty, as well as in the wider Caribbean, as a means of job-creation, attracting investment, diversifying our economies, and boosting trade
- increasing academy-industry partnerships that combine research with innovation, in order to stimulate economic growth and opportunity in the region.