Child & Adolescent Development
This programme includes design and evaluation of Early Childhood Development (ECD) interventions to improve children’s development and parenting behaviours; scaling of interventions through the primary health care system; and an international focus to build organizational capacity and influence policy.
Projects under this programme
Find out more: https://reachupandlearn.com.
- Reach Up and Learn 2.0: Scaling in the Jamaican Health System. Investigators: Susan Walker, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith, Melody Ennis (MOHW), Ana Maria Nieto (Lego Foundation)
- Reach Up and Learn 2.0: Global Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Building. Investigators: Susan Walker, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith, Ana Maria Nieto (Lego Foundation)
- Sustainability Of Benefits from Parenting Interventions in Health Centres. Investigators: Susan Walker, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith (CAIHR), Florencia Lopez-Boo (IDB) 1
- Evaluation of Processes, Impact and Costs of an Evidence-Based Parenting Program at Scale in Primary Health Care Services. Investigators: Susan Walker, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith, Florencia Lopez-Boo (IDB) 72
- Reach Up Knowledge Generation. Investigators: Susan Walker (PI), Christine Powell, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith, Jacqueline Coore-Hall (CAIHR) & Reach Up Global Community
- Expanding implementation of the Reach Up Early Childhood Parenting programme. Investigators: Christine Powell, Susan Walker (Co-PIs,) Co-investigators, Susan Chang, Joanne Smith (CAIHR), Sally Grantham-McGregor (UCL).
- Survive and Thrive in Brazil - The Boa Vista Early Childhood Program. Investigators: Alexandra Brentani (PI), Susan Chang, Christine Powell
- Promoting Playful Parenting within the Crianca Feliz Programme – Brazil. Investigators: Alexandra Brentani (PI), Susan Chang (Co-PI)
- Development And Evaluation of An Integrated Early Childhood Development and Violence Prevention Teacher-Training Intervention in Jamaican Preschools. Investigators: Helen Baker-Henningham (PI), Marcos Vera-Hernandez (University College London), Marsha Bowers (Co-I), Taja Francis (Co-I)
- Assessment of Risk Factors for Childhood Obesity and the Impact of a Nutrition-based Educational Intervention on Infant Feeding, Growth and Body Composition. Investigators: Carolyn Taylor-Bryan, Novie Younger-Coleman, Asha Badaloo
- The impact of A Nutrition-Based Educational Intervention on The Development of Obesity in A Cohort of Children from Two (2) Years to Five (5) Years of Age. Investigators: Carolyn Taylor-Bryan, Novie Younger-Coleman, Michael Boyne, Asha Badaloo