Churches on campus

CHURCHES AT UWI MONA

Within a couple of years of the University (College) of the West Indies starting up in 1948, officials of the Anglican and Catholic communities were proposing the establishment of separate church facilities on the Mona campus site where the regional university was founded in Jamaica. In 1951, the college was already leaning towards establishing a single non-denominational place of worship. This would come to pass with the completion of the re-located and re-purposed Georgian rum storehouse, dedicated in 1960 and now known widely as the University Chapel.

Subscribe to RSS - Churches on campus

Newsletter

Don't want to miss our interesting news and updates! Make sure to join our newsletter list.

Contact us

Institutional Advancement Division (IAD).

Connect with us

We're online. Follow us & keep in touch.

comment