By participating in the Pelican Perks Programme administered by The University of the West Indies (UWI), the Merchant or authorized agent of Merchant (collectively "Merchant") acknowledges that Merchant has read the following Pelican Perks Programme Terms and Conditions. Merchant will comply with applicable Pelican Perks Programmes Terms and Conditions, University policies, and laws.
I. Enrollment Procedures
II. Guidelines for i-card Holders
III. Merchant Eligibility and Responsibilities
IV. No Contract, Agent Relationship, Legal Duty, or Liability
V. Cancellation of Products or Services
- The Pelican Perks Programme will be administered through the Internet.
- Interested Merchants should apply for participation using the approved Pelican Perks Programme Enrollment Application Form. Merchants must complete the enrollment form and provide all requested information.
- Once submitted, the Pelican Perks Programme Enrollment Application Form is reviewed by the Institutional Advancement Division to determine eligibility and compliance with provisions of the Pelican Perks Programme policy.
- If the Merchant's application is denied, the Merchant will receive appropriate notification. All decisions of the Institutional Advancement Division are final.
- If the Merchant's application is approved, the Institutional Advancement Division will authorize the Merchant's discount information to be displayed on the Pelican Perks Program website.
- Participation by an individual or a business in the Pelican Perks Programme does not constitute an endorsement by the University of the individual or business or the products or services offered by the participating Merchant.
- UWI ID Card holders are encouraged to compare prices, services, and products before making a purchase with the Merchant.
- UWI ID Card holders must discuss directly with the merchant any questions or concerns that they have with the Merchant's products or services.
- Inclusion of a product or service in the Pelican Perks Programme is not a guarantee by the University of the quality or performance of a product or service. The University is not responsible for, nor has any liability in respect of, any disputes arising between a participating Merchant and a UWI ID Card holder as the result of an agreement or transaction entered into between such a Merchant and the UWI ID Card holder. Any such dispute concerns the Merchant and the UWI ID Card holder only.
- Specific products and services, as well as the Pelican Perks Programme itself, are subject to discontinuation at any time.
- The Merchant agrees to offer a merchandise discount or other special offer to UWI ID Card holders (students, faculty/staff, alumni or any combination of these). All offers and target audiences will be set forth and enforced by the Merchant. Qualified cards are any valid, unexpired UWI ID Cards bearing the logo and marks of the University.
- Merchant agrees to take the following and all other reasonable steps to ensure that the qualified UWI ID Card presented is valid:
a. The card must bear valid logo and marks of the University.
b. The card should not be physically altered in any way.
c. The picture on the card must be verified as that of the person presenting the card. For cards with no picture, a photo ID may be requested to compare to the name on the UWI Card.
d. The designs may differ but should resemble the example of cards seen below:
- Merchant warrants that the discount provided through the Pelican Perks Programme represents an actual discount of the price of the goods and services normally offered by the Merchant to the general public.
- Merchants whose primary sales consist of products or services that conflict with University or departmental policies or interests, including but not limited to alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services, may not participate in the Pelican Perks Programme.
- Merchant warrants that it will not offer discounts to products or services that conflict with University or departmental policies or interests, including but not limited to alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services.
- Merchant will keep its website information up-to-date if it uses a website to communicate information to UWI ID Card holders regarding prices, products, services, and dates discount is being offered.
- Merchant will immediately notify the Institutional Advancement Division regarding any discount items that have been discontinued or withdrawn.
- Merchant agrees that it shall not advertise any connection with the University or its officers, or use the University's name, symbols or any other identifying, marks or property, or make any representations, either express or implied, as to the University's promotion or endorsement of the Merchant or Merchant's business, unless it has received written permission from the University. Furthermore, promoting or advertising alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services in conjunction with the Pelican Perks Programme is prohibited.
A Merchant's participation in the Pelican Perks Programme does not constitute or create a contract or an agent relationship between the Merchant and the University and participation as a discount service or product provider is separate and distinct from the provision of any services through a vendor contract with the University.
- The University may discontinue the Pelican Perks Programme at any time or discontinue a Merchant's participation in the program or the Merchant's ability to offer a particular product or service without advance notice.
- The University may revise or modify the programme at any time without advance notice.
- The University reserves the right to refuse or terminate participation in the Pelican Perks Programme to any Merchants who do not comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- The University may refuse or terminate participation in the Pelican Perks Programme to any Merchant based on complaints from UWI ID Card holders or for any other reason deemed to be in the best interest of the University.
It is agreed that all rights, title, and interests in the Pelican Perks Programme are the exclusive property of the University and may not be used by the Merchant for any purposes whatsoever without the prior written permission of the University.